International Exposition Co. (IEC), producer and organizer of the International Air-Conditioning, Heating, Refrigerating Exposition (AHR Expo), which in 2015 will be held Jan. 26-28 in Chicago, recently announced the winning entries in the 2015 AHR Expo Innovation Awards competition.
Evaluated based on innovation, application, value to the user, and market impact by a panel of ASHRAE members, winning entries were named in 10 categories:
- Building Automation: AspectFT Web-enabled BAS, American Auto-Matrix.
- Cooling: EZ-In mini-split cable, Southwire Co.
- Green Building: Turbocor VTT Series compressors, Danfoss.
- Heating: H2i MXZ multizone heat-pump system, Mitsubishi Electric US Inc. Cooling & Heating Division.
- Indoor Air Quality: DuraMAX 4vS-16 minipleat filter, Koch Filter Corp.
- Plumbing: NPE-S Series condensing gas tankless water heater, Navien Inc.
- Refrigeration: Limitrol+ head-pressure control system, KeepRite Refrigeration.
- Software: Fluke Connect smartphone app, Fluke Corp.
- Tools & Instruments: SMART Service Tool Kit wireless temperature clamps and sensors, Sporlan Division, Parker Hannifin.
- Ventilation: Coolerado ERV50 energy-recovery ventilator and supercooling system, Coolerado Corp.
One of the 10 category winners will receive the 2015 AHR Expo Product of the Year Award.
Thirty other products were recognized with honorable mentions in the same 10 categories:
- Building Automation: ECLYPSE connected system controller, Distech Controls Inc.; Lyric thermostat, Honeywell International Inc.; SE8000 open controller, Schneider Electric.
- Cooling: ETS Colibri electronic expansion valve, Danfoss Refrigeration & Air-Conditioning; ECOSS evaporative cooler, Guntner U.S. LLC; Energence ultrahigh-efficiency rooftop unit, Lennox International; Stealth air-cooled chiller, Trane.
- Green Building: WeatherExpert evaporative condensing, Carrier; Energy Efficiency Education Dashboard, QA Graphics.
- Heating: Halcyon 9RLFFH floor-mounted ductless mini-split heat pump, Fujitsu General America; Multi V IV air-source VRF, LG Electronics U.S.A. Inc.; FTXL fire-tube boiler, Lochinvar LLC; HECB intelligent controller for electric duct heaters, Neptronic; Bell & Gossett ecocirc XL circulator, Xylem.
- Indoor Air Quality: WeatherExpert energy-recovery rooftop unit, Carrier; Aura Qpump Inverter+ DOAS heat pump, Desert Aire Corp.; S10 ERVPlus energy-recovery ventilator, Venmar Ventilation Inc.
- Plumbing: AquaMotionHot One Recirculation System, AquaMotion Inc.; NRCP1112-DV tankless water heater, Noritz America.
- Refrigeration: silQflo silicon servo valve, DunAn Microstaq Inc.; EX3 electronic expansion valve, Emerson Climate Technologies.
- Software: PlasmaSoft 1.0 IAQ procedure software, Plasma Air International; Rheem EcoNet home air and water control center, Rheem Manufacturing Co.; Trane myPLV calculator, Trane.
- Tools & Instruments: FLIR TG165 imaging IR thermometer, FLIR Systems; Qfit pipe-fitting system, Lordo America Inc.; M18 cordless shears, Milwaukee Tool.
- Ventilation: ZRT-PDIL parallel damper in-line zone terminal, Aldes; AxiTop diffuser for axial fans, ebm-papst Inc.; dedicated outdoor-air system, LG Electronics U.S.A. Inc.
The Innovation Awards are sponsored by ASHRAE; the Air-Conditioning, Heating and Refrigeration Institute; and IEC.