LonMark International, provider of tools, resources, and support for the delivery of open standards for products used for building automation and energy efficiency, will provide free education sessions during the 2017 International Air-Conditioning, Heating, Refrigerating Exposition (AHR Expo) in Las Vegas.
Scheduled for Tuesday, Jan. 31, in Room N242 of the Las Vegas Convention Center, the courses are:
- 9 a.m. to 10 a.m.—Buildings and the Cloud: What’s on the Horizon? This session will present several viewpoints on building-data mining, cybersecurity, and data management. Industry experts will discuss the latest trends in system access via cloud services, data integrity, and the value of analysis, monitoring, and diagnostic tools.
- 10 a.m. to 11 a.m.—LonMark Credentialing Institute: Education, Training, and Credentials for Building Automation and the LonMark Certified Professional Program. LonMark’s chief executive officer will discuss opportunities for greater education, proficiency, and certifications for the building-automation market.
- 11 a.m. to noon—Case Studies: Real Word Applications of Open Interoperable Systems and the Value to the End User. This session will highlight several active projects involving the implementation of open-system standards.
- 1 p.m. to 2 p.m.—Building Cyber Security Systems – Applying Industry Best Practices for Legal Risk Management, Standards, and Large Government Projects. This session will provide three viewpoints on cybersecurity, as well as implementations for high-risk government/military installations.
- 2 p.m. to 3 p.m.—LonMark Briefing: New LonTalk-IP Standard and LonMark Web Services, New LonWorks Transceivers for High Speed LON RF, and High Speed Powerline. LonMark’s new LON IP and Web Services development project will be presented with example use cases and application support.
- 3 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.—Panel Discussion: Industry Experts on the Convergence of Buildings, SmartGrid, IoT, Interoperability, Open Standards, and Cyber Security. This panel will cover a broad range of building-industry topics and provide perspectives on cybersecurity, the Internet of Things, electric-grid-connected buildings, distributed energy resources, how interoperability is enabling new solutions, and associated risks.
For more information on the sessions, click here.
The sessions will be followed by a member meeting, the LonMark Best of Year awards, and a networking reception sponsored by Barnes & Thornburg LLP, BuildingIQ, Engenuity Systems, Gesytec, Megachips, and sensorFact.