Standard 202 identifies the minimum acceptable commissioning process for buildings and systems. It applies to all construction projects and systems.
The standard defines the commissioning process through 13 functional steps:
• Definition of roles and responsibilities.
• Definition of project requirements and preparation of owner's-project-requirements (OPR) document.
• Development of written commissioning plan.
• Definition of the basis of design.
• Determination of contractor commissioning requirements.
• Performance of design review by the commissioning authority.
• Review of submittals to verify compliance with the OPR.
• Observation and testing of system performance and documentation of results.
• Resolution of issues.
• Assembly of systems manual for building operation.
• Training of building operators.
• Post-occupancy operation commissioning.
• Assembly of commissioning report.
The cost of ANSI/ASHRAE/IES Standard 202-2013 is $61 for ASHRAE members and $72 for non-members. Copies can be ordered by phone at 800-527-4723 (United States and Canada) or 404-636-8400, by fax at 678-539-2129, or online at www.ashrae.org/bookstore.