High-performance buildings meet eight design objectives: sustainability, accessibility, aesthetics, cost-effectiveness, functionality, productivity, historical sensitivity, and safety and security. The Beyond Green awards distinguish projects and activities that best exemplify the attributes of high performance.
The award categories are:
- High-Performance Buildings.
- High-Performance Attributes and Systems.
- High-Performance Initiatives.
- Innovations for High-Performance Buildings and Communities.
- Greg Franta Memorial Award for outstanding contributions to high-performance, sustainable building design and construction by an individual.
Award winners will be invited to present their projects and receive their awards at a special luncheon during Building Innovation 2017: The National Institute of Building Sciences Fifth Annual Conference and Expo the week of Jan. 9-12 in Washington, D.C.
Winning projects will be published as case studies on the Whole Building Design Guide website. Additional recognition will include an announcement in the institute’s newsletter, a plaque, and potential inclusion in future institute technical guidelines and publications.
The deadline to apply for the 2016 Beyond Green awards is Oct. 31 at 5 p.m. ET. For more information and to enter, click here.