Two new courses related to ANSI/ASHRAE/IESNA Standard 90.1-2007, Energy Standard for Buildings Except Low-Rise Residential Buildings, are part of the 12 online professional-development courses being offered this fall by the American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE) through the ASHRAE Learning Institute (ALI).
ALI online courses allow attendees to log in to learn from anywhere with an Internet connection. Course participants earn three professional-development hours, 0.3 continuing education units, or three American Institute of Architects learning units for each seminar completed. Courses are instructor-led, drawing upon professional knowledge of industry practitioners.
The courses are:
• “Understanding Standard 189.1 for High-Performance Green Buildings,” Sept. 22
• “Determining Energy Savings from Energy-Efficient Projects: Applying IPMVP and Guideline 14 to performance Contracting and LEED,” Sept. 27
• “Energy Management in New and Existing Buildings,” Sept. 29
• “Complying with Requirements of Standard 62.1-2010, Ventilation for Acceptable Indoor Air Quality,” Oct. 6
• “The Basics of Panel Heating and Cooling,” Oct. 13
• “Complying with Standard 90.1-2010: HVAC/Mechanical,” Oct. 18 and 25
• “Complying with Standard 90.1-2010: Envelope/Lighting,” Oct. 20
• “The Commissioning Process and Guideline 0, The Commissioning Process (co-sponsored with Building Commissioning Authority, Illuminating Engineering Society of North America, and National Environmental Balancing Bureau),” Oct. 27
• “Engineering for Sustainability: Understanding Air-to-Air Energy Recovery Technologies and Applications,” Nov. 1
• “Introduction to Cleanrooms,” Nov. 3
• ”Understanding and Designing Dedicated Outside Air Systems,” Nov. 10
The cost of each course is $224 ($164 for ASHRAE members). Site licenses are available to organizations that will be having five or more seminar participants. For more information, e-mail [email protected] or call 678-539-1146. To register, visit www.ashrae.org/onlinecourses.