ASHRAE installed officers and directors for 2012-13 during its Annual Meeting, held June 23-27 in San Antonio.
The new president is Thomas E. Watson, PE, chief engineer, Daikin McQuay, Staunton, Va. His presidential theme is “Broadening ASHRAE’s Horizons,” which emphasizes the role of ASHRAE members as leaders in the application of sustainable design and practices in communities worldwide.
“Let us build on a strong heritage as a technical society and broaden the application of our technology to serve humanity and promote a sustainable world,” Watson said. “We must look at broadening our technology, our applications, and our people.”
Also installed for one-year terms were:
• President-Elect William P. Bahnfleth, PhD, PE, professor, The Pennsylvania State University, University Park, Pa.
• Treasurer Thomas H. Phoenix, PE, principal and vice president, Moser Mayer Phoenix Associates, Greensboro, N.C.
• Vice President Constantinos A. Balaras, PhD, PE, research director, Institute for Environmental Research & Sustainable Development, National Observatory of Athens, Athens, Greece.
• Vice President Daniel C. Pettway, sales representative, Hobbs and Associates, Norfolk, Va.
• Vice President Timothy G. Wentz, PE, associate professor, University of Nebraska–Lincoln.
• Vice President Thomas E. Werkema, senior consultant, Arkema Inc., Knoxville, Tenn.
The following were installed for three-year terms running from 2012 to 2015:
• Region I Director and Regional Chair Joseph L. Furman, senior sales engineer, Automated Logic, Wallingford, Conn.
• Region II Director and Regional Chair Isabelle Lavoie, PE, branch account manager, systems and HVAC, Province of Quebec, Johnson Controls, Saint-Laurent, Quebec, Canada.
• Region III Director and Regional Chair Paul E. Petrilli, PE, principal, H.F. Lenz Co., Johnstown, Pa.
• Region XI Director and Regional Chair Kevin L. Marple, president, Benz Air Engineering Company Inc., Portland, Ore.
• Director at Large Charles H. Culp III, PhD, PE, professor, Texas A&M University, College Station, Texas.
• Director at Large Kirk T. Mescher, PE, principal, CM Engineering Inc., Columbia, Mo.
• Director at Large Dennis J. Wessel, PE, senior vice president, Karpinski Engineering, Cleveland.