ASHRAE installed new officers and directors during its 2015 Annual Meeting, held June 27 to July 1 in Atlanta.
The president for 2015-16 is T. David Underwood, P.Eng., CPMP, of Oakville, Ontario, Canada. His theme, “Making Connections,” focuses on fostering vibrant, informed, and engaged ASHRAE and industry communities.
Also installed for one-year terms were:
- President-Elect Timothy G. Wentz, PE, HBDP, associate professor, University of Nebraska–Lincoln.
- Treasurer Bjarne W. Olesen, PhD, professor, Technical University of Denmark, Kongens Lyngby, Denmark.
- Vice President Walid Chakroun, PhD, professor, Mechanical Engineering Department, College of Engineering and Petroleum, and assistant vice president, Academic Affairs, Kuwait University, Safat.
- Vice President Patricia Graef, PE, director, evaporative-media core technology, research, and development, Munters Corp., Fort Myers, Fla.
- Vice President Charles “Chuck” E. Gulledge III, PE, HBDP, senior mechanical engineer, AC Corp., Greensboro, N.C.
- Vice President James K. Vallort, senior vice president, Environmental Systems Design, Chicago.
Installed for three-year terms from 2015 to 2018 were:
- Region I Director and Chair William “Bill” F. Walter, UTC Building and Industrial Systems, Syracuse, N.Y.
- Region II Director and Chair Douglas C. Cochrane, P.Eng., engineering sales manager, Carrier Enterprise Canada, Mississauga, Ontario, Canada.
- Region III Director and Chair Roger K. Jones, PE, account executive, Honeywell International, Herndon, Va.
- Region XI Director and Chair Keith A. Yelton, owner, ACI Mechanical and HVAC Sales, Portland, Ore.
- Director at Large Erich Binder, president, Erich Binder Consulting, Calgary, Alberta, Canada.
- Director at Large William “Bill” F. McQuade, PE, director of technology, energy efficiency, and the environment, chiller solutions, building efficiency, Johnson Controls, York, Pa.
- Director at Large Dennis Knight, PE, BEMP, owner, Whole Building Systems, Mt. Pleasant, S.C.