Modine Manufacturing Co., specialist in thermal-management systems and components, is set to begin its 2017 Innovation Tour, which will offer new and updated continuing-education-unit (CEU)/North American Technician Excellence (NATE) courses and showcase the latest in HVAC solutions for specifying engineers and contractors at more than 30 locations in the United States and Canada.
“Last year was our ‘maiden voyage’ with the innovation tour, and we had more than 1,000 attendees and issued more than 2,000 CEUs,” Kimberly Raduenz, marketing communications manager for Modine, said. “For 2017, we look to improve on those numbers and to make sure that contractors and specifying engineers know that we’re more than just a unit-heater company, but a trusted HVAC-solutions partner.”
The 2017 Innovation Tour will feature professional-development seminars designed by the Modine HVAC engineering team and the Milwaukee School of Engineering on various HVAC technologies. A number of these seminars will be offered at each stop on the tour:
- Basics of Make-up Air (CEU).
- Introduction to Water Source Heat Pumps (CEU).
- Alphabet Soup (CEU/NATE).
- Dedicated Outdoor Air Systems Basics (CEU).
- Venting of Unit Heaters (CEU/NATE).
- Gas Fired Heating for Commercial Heating Equipment (CEU).
- Indoor Air Quality and Design Strategies to Resolve Economizer Code Conflicts (CEU).
- Sound Principles of HVAC Equipment (CEU).
- Bringing Fresh Air Into Classrooms (CEU).
- Sizing Water Source Heat Pumps (CEU/NATE).
- Advancements in Energy Recovery for Dedicated Outside Air Systems (CEU).
New Modine HVAC solutions that will be showcased on the tour include:
- Residential infrared patio heaters.
- ClassMate with STUDY Package.
- Atherion 20 Ton B-Cabinet.
- Direct-Fired Product Series MCV/MVV.
“We’ve made a lot of improvements since we first started the tour last year,” Raduenz said. “We’ve updated our trailer, we’re offering new CEU/NATE courses, and we’re showing off a lot more HVAC solutions than we did last year.”
The 2017 Innovation Tour schedule is as follows:
- Jan. 29, Las Vegas.
- Feb. 7 and 8, Anaheim, Calif., and Riverside, Calif.
- Feb. 9, Anaheim, Calif.
- Feb. 14, Tucson, Ariz.
- Feb. 16, Albuquerque, N.M.
- Feb. 24, Tampa, Fla.
- Feb. 28, Miami.
- March 2, Jacksonville, Fla.
- March 7, Mobile, Ala.
- March 9, Macon, Ga.
- March 12-18, New Orleans.
- March 23, San Antonio, Texas.
- April 4, Fort Smith, Ark.
- April 6, Little Rock, Ark.
- April 18, Charlotte, N.C.
- April 20, Raleigh, N.C.
- April 25, Syracuse, N.Y.
- April 27, Buffalo, N.Y.
- May 2, Harrisburg, Pa.
- May 4, Pittsburgh.
- May 8-14, Eastern Canada.
- May 16, Cincinnati.
- May 18, Ann Arbor, Mich.
- June 6, Rockford, Ill.
- June 7, Chicago.
- June 8, Racine, Wis.
- June 15, Green Bay, Wis.
- Sept. 12, Omaha, Neb.
- Sept. 14, Sioux Falls, S.D.
- Sept. 18-22, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada.
- Sept. 25-29, Calgary, Alberta, Canada.
- Oct. 2-6, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada.
- Oct. 9-13, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
- Oct. 16-20, Seattle.
For details, visit modineinnovationtour.com.