Date & Time
- This webinar is now available On-Demand.
- On-Demand Webinar
Derek J. Bowen Demand Creation Manager, Armacell. Derek J. Bowen joined Armacell in July 2012 as a Market Development Manager, tasked with providing technical information and specifications for Armacell’s Insulation products to engineers and specifiers.
Tim Ledden Technical Manager- Insulation, Armacell. Tim Ledden is responsible for product and application specifications for insulation products at Armacell. For the past 13 years he has been working in process and product development for Armacell.
Essential Strategies for Insulating Cold Piping In HVAC Systems
Insulation can make or break the performance and longevity of a chilled water or variable refrigerant flow (VRF) system. This webinar covers everything an engineer needs to know before committing a client to a specific insulation strategy, including the stresses imposed on these piping systems and how various insulation options differ in terms of ease of installation, vulnerability to moisture, and more.
Attendees will learn:
- What stress factors are mostly likely to impact the lifecycle and overall performance of the insulation system.
- Why moisture control is the most important factor when it comes to the selection of insulation material.
- How to avoid potentially devastating (yet all too common) problems like mold and corrosion under insulation (CUI).
- The degree to which moisture ingress degrades the thermal performance of various insulation materials.
- The pros and cons of various insulating materials, including cellular glass, fiberglass, elastomeric foam, and others.
- Why jacketing and/or vapor barriers are required for some insulating materials and not others.
- The unique challenges associated with insulating VRF systems.
- Specification strategies to ensure a quality installation and protect owners from avoidable losses in thermal efficiency and premature failure of the insulation system.