A manual to help users navigate the changes in the 2016 version of ANSI/ASHRAE Standard 62.1, Ventilation for Acceptable Indoor Air Quality, is now available.
The manual provides information on the requirements of the standard and includes tables, illustrations, and examples to aid users in designing, installing, and operating systems for ventilation in buildings.
“The manual elaborates on the requirements in the standard published earlier this year,” Hoy Bohanon, chair of the Standard 62.1 committee, said. “The standard contained changes that impact high-rise residential spaces, the indoor-air-quality procedure, laboratory exhaust, and demand control ventilation. The manual provides guidance on how to incorporate those changes and others.”
The manual also contains:
- Information on the intent and application of Standard 62.1.
- Sample calculations and examples.
- Best-practices examples complying with the requirements of the standard.
- Useful reference materials.
- Guidance for building operation and maintenance personnel.
- Instructions regarding the application of tools used for compliance with Standard 62.1.
Also included is a link to newly revised Web-based spreadsheets that aid in ventilation-rate-procedure calculations.
The cost of the Standard 62.1-2016 user’s manual is $80 for ASHRAE members and $95 for non-members. Copies can be ordered online at www.ashrae.org/bookstore, by phone at 1-800-527-4723 (United States and Canada) or 404-636-8400, or by fax at 678-539-2129.