Standard 211P defines the procedures required to perform ASHRAE Level 1, 2, and 3 energy audits, provides a common scope of work for those audit levels for use by building owners and others, and establishes standardized industry practices and minimum reporting requirements for results.
- Expansion of scope to include multifamily residential buildings.
- Modification of requirements for energy-auditor qualifications.
- Addition of specific guidance around the energy-audit quality-control process.
- Improvement of reporting forms for usability.
- Review of reporting formats for compatibility with BuildingSync, the DOE protocol for transmitting energy-audit data with XML files.
- Addition of optional input guidance for compatibility with the DOE’s Asset Score rating approach for existing-building assessments.
- Updated procedures that are more audit-customer-oriented and include measures for reasons beyond energy-savings benefits.
- Refined guidance around Level 3 procedures.
- Addition of guidance for building-energy-model calibration.
For more information and to comment, go to www.ashrae.org/publicreviews.