Indianapolis IN, September 21, 2022 -- During the 2022 ASPE Business Meeting in Indianapolis on Sept. 18, Chapter Delegates representing our 6,500+ members elected the Society’s Board of Directors for the 2022–2024 term. We are pleased to announce that the following individuals will be serving on the Board for the upcoming term:
- President: James T. Zebrowski, PE, CPD, FASPE
- Vice President, Technical: W. Blair Minyard, PE, CPD, CDT
- Vice President, Education: Bryan L. Hutton, CPD, MBA
- Vice President, Legislative: Brianne N. Hall, PE, CPD, LEED AP BD+C, GGP
- Vice President, Membership: Jason S.A. McDonald, CPD, FASPE
- Vice President, Affiliate: Thomas P. Sharp
- Treasurer: Vincent Falkowski, PE, PMP, CCM
- Region 1 Director: Paul Freeman, PE, CPD
- Region 2 Director: Steve J. Kormanik, CPD, GPD
- Region 3 Director: Curtis A. Ray Jr., CPD, FASPE
- Region 4 Director: Gwynne M. Morrison, CPD, GPD, LEED AP
- Region 5 Director: Nicholas Hipp, CPD
The 2022 ASPE Business Meeting was held prior to the 2022 ASPE Convention & Expo. At the event, itself, the Society recognized local Chapters for their successful membership recruitment and retention efforts in the last year. ASPE also distributed several individual awards to members for their contributions. Please join us in congratulating the following.
Membership Growth Award
The Membership Growth Award is given annually in two categories—to Chapters with members up to 99 (as of the start of the year) and to Chapters with more than 100 members—and is made to the three Chapters in each category with the highest percentage growth.
- Chapters with 99 members or less: Hampton Roads, Southern Nevada, West Coast Florida;
- Chapters with 100 members or more: Atlanta, Central Indiana, Houston.
Membership Retention Award
The Retention Award is presented annually and is given to those Chapters that attain 90 percent or greater membership retention.
- Region 1: Connecticut, Hampton Roads, Quebec, Richmond;
- Region 2: Buffalo-Niagara, Johnstown, Southwestern Ohio;
- Region 3: Charlotte, Columbia, Greenville, Memphis, West Coast Florida;
- Region 4: Portland, Southern Nevada;
- Region 5: Central Illinois, Chicago, Oklahoma (Arkansas), St. Louis.
Chapter Award of Merit
ASPE’s annual Chapter Award of Merit is presented to recognize extraordinary contributions made by the Chapters on behalf of the Society.
- Region 1: Baltimore, Capital Region New York, Hampton Roads, Montreal, NYC, Philadelphia, Richmond, Washington, DC;
- Region 2: Central Ohio, Cleveland, Eastern Michigan, Johnstown, Pittsburgh, Southwestern Ohio;
- Region 3: Alabama, Atlanta, Central Florida, Nashville, South Florida;
- Region 4: British Columbia, Phoenix, San Diego, Southern Nevada;
- Region 5: Arkansas, Central Illinois, Chicago, Dallas/Ft. Worth, Houston, Kansas City, Minnesota, Omaha, Oklahoma, Wisconsin.
In addition to the Chapter-level awards, several ASPE members were recognized.
- Award of Merit: Keith Bush, CPD, CSI, GPD, FASPE, Cleveland Chapter, in recognition of his lifetime dedication to the Society;
- Award of Merit: Christopher A. Phillips, CPD, GPD, Central Texas Chapter, for his service on the Education Committee and at the Chapter level and for his dedication to the Society;
- Special Award of Achievement: Theresa Lyn Card, PE, CPD, GPD, LEED AP, Eastern Michigan Chapter, for her extraordinary service and dedication to the future of ASPE’s certification programs and the Women of ASPE (WOA);
- Special Award of Achievement: Christopher P. Rohan, CPD, Chicago Chapter, for his extraordinary service and dedication to ASPE’s Legislative Committee and the Society’s legislative efforts;
- Special Award of Appreciation: William A. Grayzar, CPD, GPD, FASPE, Eastern Michigan Chapter, for his extraordinary service and dedication to the future of ASPE’s Nominating and Legislative Committees along with his unwavering support of the Society;
- Special Award of Appreciation: Christopher R. Farr, CPD, CET, FASPE, Central Florida Chapter, for his devoted efforts and unselfish service regarding Chapter leadership, initiatives, meetings, and impactful events.
Kenneth G. Wentink College of Fellows
During each Convention year, ASPE recognizes deserving members as ASPE Fellows. The individuals honored have made significant and exceptional contributions to the plumbing engineering profession, the Society, and the plumbing industry. .
A member conferred as an ASPE Fellow shall retain the designation as a lifetime honor and shall therefore be permitted to use the designation FASPE.
We are pleased to announce that the following members were inducted into the 2022 class of ASPE Fellows:
- William A. Grayzar, CPD, GPD, FASPE;
- Jason S.A. McDonald, CPD, ASSE 6060, FASPE;
- Feroz A. Bhamani, CPD, FASPE;
- Donald A. Taylor, CPD, GPD, FASPE;
- Christopher R. Farr, CPD, CET, FASPE.
For more from the event, and more about the Society, visit www.ASPE.org.