ASHRAE installed new officers and directors during its 2016 Annual Meeting, being held June 25-29 in St. Louis.
The president for 2016-17 is Timothy G. Wentz, PE, FASHRAE, HBDP, associate professor, University of Nebraska–Lincoln. His theme is “Adapt Today to Shape Tomorrow.” Wentz relates this goal to his personal history of moving from a slide rule in his early college days to a hand calculator to a computer to a smartphone.
“All of us have had to come face to face with the challenges of adaptation,” Wentz said. “It’s in the power of adapting that lives, organizations, and communities are transformed. Our ability to shape tomorrow is borne out of our willingness to adapt today. Together, we can create our future by adapting our resources, investments, and technology.”
As president, Wentz chairs ASHRAE’s board of directors and executive committee.
Also installed for one-year terms were:
- President-Elect Bjarne W. Olesen, PhD, FASHRAE, Life Member, professor, Technical University of Denmark, Kongens Lyngby, Denmark.
- Treasurer Sheila J. Hayter, PE, FASHRAE, group manager, National Renewable Energy Laboratory, Golden, Colo.
- Vice President Walid Chakroun, PhD, FASHRAE, professor, Mechanical Engineering Department, College of Engineering and Petroleum, Kuwait University.
- Vice President Patricia Graef, PE, FASHRAE, senior engineer, evaporative-media core technology, research and development, Munters Corp., Fort Myers, Fla.
- Vice President Ginger Scoggins, PE, president, Engineered Designs, Raleigh, N.C.
- Vice President Edward Tsui, managing director, Intelligent Technologies Ltd., Hong Kong.
Installed for three-year terms from 2016-19 were:
- Region IV Director and Regional Chair George W. “Billy” Austin Jr., PE, BEAP, BEMP, CPMP, HBDP, HFDP, OPMP, principal, Shultz Engineering Group, Charlotte, N.C.
- Region V Director and Regional Chair Douglas David Fick, PE, vice president, TRC Worldwide MEP, Indianapolis.
- Region VI Director and Regional Chair Benjamin A. Skelton, PE, BEMP, president, Cyclone Energy Group, Chicago.
- Region XII Director and Regional Chair Daniel R. Rogers, PE, president, Flow Control Technology Co., Tampa, Fla.
- Region XIII Director and Regional Chair Ir. Ng Yong Kong, NYK Engineering and Trading, and executive director, Bezaire Sdn. Bhd., Subang Jaya, Malaysia.
- Director-at-Large Essam Eldin Khalil, PhD, FASHRAE, professor of mechanical engineering, Cairo University.
- Director-at-Large Thomas “Tom” M. Lawrence, PhD, PE, Mechanical Engineering Program coordinator, professor, College of Engineering, University of Georgia, Athens, Ga.
- Director-at-Large Lawrence C. Markel, FASHRAE, Life Member, senior program director, CSRA Inc., Knoxville, Tenn.