ATLANTA (October 26, 2023) – ASHRAE has unveiled the preliminary technical program for its highly anticipated 2024 ASHRAE Winter Conference, taking place January 20-24, 2024, in Chicago, IL. The technical program can be found online and in the ASHRAE 365 app.
With a focus on addressing the pressing challenges of decarbonization and climate change, the conference will feature 11 technical tracks and over 100 sessions, offering attendees a wealth of knowledge and insights. Participants will have the opportunity to earn Professional Development Hours (PDHs) while exploring tracks such as Decarbonization and Climate Change, Clean Spaces and Mission Critical Facilities, Tall Buildings Design, Artificial Intelligence, Refrigeration and Refrigerants and more.
“The conference gives attendees an unparalleled opportunity to discover practical and timely solutions to some of the greatest challenges facing the built environment,” said Suzanne LeViseur, 2024 ASHRAE Winter Conference chair. “ASHRAE’s decarbonization focus is included within all of the technical tracks, so that we can provide effective strategies on a variety of topics through the conference sessions.”
Some examples of decarbonization related sessions include:
- Decarbonization in Cold Chain Process (Refrigeration and Refrigerants Track);
- The Logical Way to Tap Into Decarbonization: Hydronic District Energy Systems (Hydronic Systems Track);
- Beneficial Electrification (HVAC&R Systems and Equipment Track);
- Grid-Interactive Buildings for a Decarbonized World (Decarbonization and Climate Change Track).
Additional trending session include:
- Laboratory Superhero: The Critical Plan to Save;
- Pulling Back the Curtain on DEI;
- Standard 241: You Have Questions; We Have Answers;
- Artificial Intelligence for Buildings Performance Simulation;
- Harmony in Action: ASHRAE Standards Paving the Way for Building Decarbonization;
- What’s the Fuss About Zero Trust Cyber Security for BAS Control Systems;
- Who’s Afraid of the Net Zero Wolf?
During the Plenary session, Canadian climate change solutions expert Chris Turner will give a keynote presentation on the global shift towards clean energy. ASHRAE Executive Vice President and Secretary Jeff Littleton will provide Society updates in his report and the accomplishments of ASHRAE’s members will be recognized during the Honors and Awards ceremony.
At the President’s Luncheon, 2023-24 ASHRAE President Ginger Scoggins will deliver her State of the Society address, marking progress toward initiatives outlined in the current Society theme, “Challenge Accepted: Tackling the Climate Crisis.”
The ASHRAE Learning Institute will offer 18 courses during the conference. All courses are approved for continuing education credits toward maintaining P.E. licensure.
Four new courses are being offered:
- Starting the Path to Net-Zero Buildings Using ASHRAE 90.1-2022;
- Understanding ASHRAE Standard 241 Control of Infectious Aerosols – Background, Overview, and Key Requirements;
- V in HVAC – Health and Energy Improvements Using the Indoor Air Quality Procedures;
- Is Your Building Ready? Applying ASHRAE Standard 241 Control of Infectious Aerosols – Facility Assessment, Planning, and Implementation.
ASHRAE certification exams will also be administered during the week and business, committee and technical meetings will be conducted in the weeks leading up to, and during the conference.
The cost to attend the conference in-person is $755 for ASHRAE members ($1,010 for non-members, which includes an ASHRAE membership for one year). Early bird discounts are available for registrations completed prior to November 26. Company packages are available for virtual registrants. Conference registration includes free entry to the co-sponsored 2024 AHR Expo, January 22-24, 2024. Please check the conference webpage for additional pricing. Members of the media may receive a complimentary press registration to attend the conference and AHR Expo, with a special invitation to join President Scoggins at a press coffee event.
Tickets for tours, select social events, and ASHRAE Learning Institute Courses can be purchased during the registration process.
To learn more about the 2024 ASHRAE Winter Conference and to register, visit ashrae.org/2024winter.
Founded in 1894, ASHRAE is a global professional society committed to serve humanity by advancing the arts and sciences of heating ventilation, air conditioning, refrigeration, and their allied fields. As an industry leader in research, standards writing, publishing, certification and continuing education, ASHRAE and its members are dedicated to promoting a healthy and sustainable built environment for all, through strategic partnerships with organizations in the HVAC&R community and across related industries.
The Society is showcasing integrated building solutions and sustainability in action through the opening of the ASHRAE Global Headquarters building in metro-Atlanta, Georgia. For more information and to stay up-to-date on ASHRAE, visit ashrae.org and connect on Instagram, LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.