The Drives & Motion Division of Yaskawa America Inc. recently announced the release of the Z1000U HVAC Matrix Drive.
Nine bi-directional switches are arranged in a matrix to convert three-phase alternating-current (AC) input voltage directly into three-phase AC output voltage, eliminating the need for the rectifying circuit and direct-current bus used in traditional AC drive inverters. Total-harmonic-distortion (THD) levels are reduced to less than the IEEE (Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers) compliance standard of 5 percent without the need for reactors and filters. The result is a smoother current waveform that reduces stress on system power supplies and infrastructure. Meanwhile, reduced distortion improves displacement power factor to 0.98 through the entire load and speed range, reducing energy costs.
Other features of the HVAC Matrix Drive include:
- Integrated input fusing for a 100-kA short-circuit current rating (SCCR).
- Eco-Mode to achieve near across-the-line THD.
- An integrated C2 EMC filter.
- Embedded BACnet communications (BACnet Testing Laboratory-certified).
- A multilanguage LCD operator with hand/off/auto and copy function.
- An internal real-time clock for event stamping.
- High-carrier-frequency (low motor noise) capability.
- 0- to 400-Hz output frequency.
NEMA 1 models with ratings of 1 to 100 hp (208 V) and 7.5 to 350 hp (480 V) are available. Z1000U is offered as a stand-alone drive, as well as in packaged bypass and configured solutions.
For more information, click here.